1. When they're first born, cover their front when you change their diaper...trust me on this.
2. When they're older and learning how to potty train, buy stock in bathroom cleaner. What possesses them to have "sword fights" when they go or see how far back they can stand? One may never know.
3. When the house is perfectly quiet and you think it's a miracle, go find out what's happening...fast.
4. Seriously, when the house is perfectly quiet and you think it's a miracle, go find out what's happening...fast.
5. When they're learning how to dress themselves but you still have to stand behind them to help with their buttons or zippers...bite down and clench your teeth. They jump up hard and fast...causing your chin to bleed and teeth to chip...their little heads never seem to even notice.
6. When you happen upon a beautiful snowy day, don't be surprised when they decide to "write their name" in the middle of it all, just because they can.
7. Apply number six to the woods as well.
8. Boys fight. I mean...FIGHT. Sometimes it's good to break them up immediately and other times...let them go for a little. The amazing thing about this, is that when they're done - they're done. It's over.
9. Boys move. They're physical and active. They climb trees and flip on furniture. It's hard to expect them to sit still or focus for long periods of time. Some inner howler monkey comes out of them when they do.
10. Boys love, completely and wholeheartedly. When they're older, it's a rare day to get them to snuggle however. They usually attack with a quick and unexpected hug that would parallel the precision of a Stealth Bomber. When they do though, it will melt your heart and warm your soul...and you'll never, ever be the same again.