Recently, I overheard some people going on about the little things they didn't realize before they were married. Everyone knows the "big ones"...i.e., religion, kids or no kids, dogs or cats...but what about the small things like, who sleeps on which side of the bed, or the age old "toilet paper debate" (over/under).
These are a few examples of the little things that can act as a prenuptial checklist for all of you lovebirds. They may seem like small potatoes to you now, but they can be ohhhh so big. For those of you who can relate to these with a smile on your face, feel free to add your own.
Let's start with the bathroom.
1. Do you take baths or showers?
2. Do you take a bath/shower in the mornings or nights?
3. Who cleans the hair in the bath/shower or sink?
4. Are there things (bottles) on the bathroom sink or in the
shower or should they be clutter free?
5. If there's a shower curtain, do you leave it open or
6. Liquid soap or bar soap?
7. Do you wash the towels after every use or go a few
8. Do you squeeze the toothpaste from the bottom/middle or
roll it up?
In the bedroom
9. Do you tuck the sheets in or leave them loose?
10. Do you like the room hot or cold?
11. Do you have a TV in the bedroom and if so, who gets the
12. Do you fall asleep to the TV/computer/cell phone or turn
13. Do you sleep on the side of the bed or in the middle?
14. Are you a restless sleeper or a sound sleeper?
15. Do you snore?
16. If you have pets, do they sleep in your room/on your
bed or do they have to stay out?
17. Do you set your alarm for the time you wake up so it
goes off once - or do you hit the snooze button one
hundred, thousand, million times?
In the Kitchen:
18. Who cooks/cleans?
19. Do you leave the dishes in the sink or do them right
20. Do you clean the dishes before putting them in the
dishwasher or do you put them in dirty?
21. Is there a certain way to put the dishes in the
dishwasher or do you throw them in however they can fit?
22. Do you replace the paper towels when they're done or
leave the holder empty?
23. If there's a little bit of milk/juice in the carton, do
you finish it, throw it out or put it back in the fridge?
24. Do you sit down to eat at the table or in front of the
25. Do you eat ice cream out of the carton or put it in a
There are hundreds of other things to consider like who drives when you're both in the car, do you leave the keys in the ignition or take them in the house and of course, do you blast the music or keep it quiet? Then there's the style of music to consider...rock, pop, country, classical, etc.
In the end, it shouldn't really matter if you match each other in every single category or differ in all aspects. What's most important is this: Love is more powerful than all.
No matter if you're a dog or cat person, or if you roll the toilet paper over or under...it's the little things that can drive you crazy, yes, but it's your love that will prevail. Even when someone sets their alarm clock thirty minutes early, only to hit the snooze button a bazillion times every. single. morning...rest assured...Love will prevail.
Please remember to VOTE each day! Thank You!!!